Thursday, February 15, 2018

Black Panther

Earlier this week I was invited to a sneak preview of Black Panther by a dear friend.  (Thank you MKB!)  I had high hopes, I love the idea of a Black superhero.  I was not disappointed.  Remembering that this is a comic book story, I was delighted to see every hue of black and brown skin tone represented.  I loved the natural hair of the women and even the women with bald heads, a challenge for some and new view of what beauty looks like. (has always looked like for many) There are smart, strong female characters that male characters fight side by side with in battle.  Each scene is painted with mud cloth, head pieces, robes, African fabric and jewelry of African royalty.  Not just visually stimulating, there are lots of messages throughout about reaching back to help others and sharing wealth.  The Marvel Universe committed to welcoming Black Panther and did so on a grand scale.  I love that little brown and black children (and yes all children)  will be thrilled with this new Superhero as he takes his place among other characters that have made their way to the big screen.  Marvel fans, go and see for yourselves.  Let me know what you think. 


print by Anthony Leon studio



No comments:

Post a Comment