Monday, February 26, 2018

An Honor to be Guest Speaker

 
"From the cowardice that dares not face new truth,
From the laziness that is contented with half-truth, 
From the arrogance that thinks it knows all truth, 
Good Lord, deliver me.  Amen"

I have talked about Black History so much that I have become that history.  I was asked to be the guest speaker at Christ Church Cathedral, St. Louis to close out the month long celebration of activities for Black History Month.  This was indeed a great honor.  As always in my teaching and speaking I encouraged the congregation to think of Black History as the history of ALL of us.  Learning a more inclusive history helps us to know more about one another and enter into relationship and examine where our lives intersect.  Black History month is a beginning.

"Speak the names of those African Americans that have gone before, for the roll call is great:
Zora Neale Hurston-Novelist 
Romare Bearden- Artist 
Marie Daly-Chemist 

Sarah Goode-Inventor
Hiram Revels- politician and Minister "

Edit (3/22/2018)-
Here is a link to the sermon at Christ Church Cathedral, St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment