Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The beginning of the journey

     Early in the summer of 2012 I was at a favorite antique mall  and came across some old photographs.  What made these particular photographs stand out is they were photographs of African Americans.  Also, several of the shots were very old, somewhere in the 1800's.  I could approximate the age of some because of the fashions and the style of the photography.  I had fond memories of flipping through my parent's scrapbooks growing up and remembering the pictures held in place with the paper corners, mounted on black paper with white writing that told of the occasion the picture was capturing or the names of the people in the photographs.  I was so excited I bought all the pictures they had, about 40, not yet knowing what I'd do with them. I knew it would be something to do with the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment