Friday, January 25, 2013

Sorting things out

When beginning to collect photographs I set a goal of 100 pictures. I didn't know how I'd possibly get that many but I knew if I collected 100 I could sort through them to find enough good shots for the display.
Over the course of several months the pictures started to come in.  Some pictures people game me to scan and return other pictures came through email.  Some pictures were gathered by visiting the homes of the contributors.  At last count I had 300 plus photographs.  All the pictures were perfect, full of stories and all of them keepers.  As I received the pictures they were  scanned then sent out to be printed.  The next task was how to display them....by the age of the photograph?..by contributor?...by similarities?  Finally the pictures were divided into categories_ portraits, portraits standing, portraits sitting, children , school, people at worship, people at play, people in the military, romantic couples, weddings, people at work, special occasions, and families.  Each set of photos was placed in an envelope.  Then it was time to frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment