Monday, February 23, 2015

Through a Lens Darkly


The Independent film "Through A Lens Darkly " explores Black photography and aired on PBS's Independent Lens yesterday (2/22/2015).  The film was shown in St. Louis during the St. Louis Film Festival in November of 2014.   PBS' Nine Network teamed with the film maker, Thomas Allen Harris, to bring the Digital Diaspora Family Reunion Roadshow to St. Louis and offered participants an opportunity to share family photos and stories. It was the similar theme of the project/exhibit I did in 2013 "As If We Weren't There" that led PBS to contact me to be a part of the DDFR Roadshow.  It was an honor for my small body of work to be recognized and to be invited to participate.
Below is the film I created for my exhibit:




Click here to see an article about the Digital Diaspora Family Reunion Roadshow that appeared in the St. Louis American.  

 Related video





No comments:

Post a Comment