Monday, January 30, 2012

Hands on History Museum 101

After school I was joined in the school library for a "Museum talk."  Several teachers from each grade level attended and listened, looked and observed all the information I shared about how to use the museum with students.  Many were overwhelmed....where to start?  Many were delighted with the amount and variety of resources available.  Some teachers were planning multiple visits so their students could take it all in.  There seemed to be an overall appreciation for the time and effort put into the display.  Some teachers, anxious to get started right away were planning a walk through first in anticipation of opening day, February 1st.  SO much to learn.  One teacher remarked, "I'm glad this is here all month, I want my kids to experience it all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment